A Lift-gate, also known as a hinge-gate allows for access through a conveyor line as opposed to walking around that line. A gate section of a gravity or line-shaft conveyor line may be lifted to allow for movement of manpower or material from one side of the conveyor to the opposite side.
Lift gates can be manually operated with or without an assist mechanism such as a spring, hydraulic or gas cylinders. Lift-gates can be manufactured in accordance with the specifications of your existing conveyor system and passage width requirements. Width requirements will be restricted by the weight of the conveyor section being lifted.
Standard Features that apply to all Standard Lift-gate Models:
- Roller: 1.375″ dia., 18 ga. wall tubes with 1/4″ round cold rolled steel axles, spring retained. Standard bearings are light oil lubricated. 50 lbs. roller capacity.
- Coupling: Bolted butt coupler, hinge side only.
- Available Between Frames (BF): 5-22 in
- Available Roller Centers (RC): 3 in
- Available Length (LG): 42 in
- Frame: Channel, 2-1/2″Channel, 1418, 2-1/2″x1″x12 ga., rollers set 1/4″ high
- Roll Bearing (RLBRG): Non-precision, oiled, 1/4″round axle
- Finish: Powder Coat, Standard Blue
- Available Accessories: Supports
The below chart lists “standard” Lift-gates in which we manufacture and sell with highly competitive pricing and lead times. Rolmaster can accommodate most custom “non-standard” Lift-gate requests.